Wasef Manzil, Murshidabad, a fine monument

Wasef Manzil, Mushidabad, WB. TripAdvisor

Wasef Manzil, Mushidabad, WBAlamy

Sayyid Sir Wasif Ali Mirza Khan Bahadur (7 January 1875 – 23 October 1959), the Nawab of Murshidabad during 1906–1959 was educated at Sherborne School, Rugby School and later at Trinity College. He succeeded his father Hassan Ali Mirza Khan Bahadur at his death on 25 December 1906. He built  Wasif Manzil (also known as Wasef Manzil and New Palace)  under the supervision of Mr. Vivian, officer of the Public Works Department of the Nadia Rivers Division and Surendra Barat, a Bengali engineer. It was here he resided and is close to  the Hazarduari Palace. It is built on the Nizamat Fort Campus between the campus's Dakshin Darwaza (south gate) and the Hazarduari Palace. The June 12 1897 earthquake damaged the building, resulting in the fall of second floor. The building underwent major repair work, but the caved in second floor was not rebuilt. The landscaped garden no longer exists now.
Sir Wasif Ali Mirza Khan Bahadur iWikipedia
With small turrets at corners, the building gives a false image of castle. The palace has been designed to look a little like a castle with small corner turrets on the corners. Presently it is being maintained by the ASI, the palace's semi-circular pediment  has the Nawabs of Murshidabad's coat of arms on it. The garden, in the front enclosed within the beautiful iron railing, has a fountain and several marble statues  The main entrance to the building  is a fine archway with  iron doors. Inside the palace there are marble statues and also a beautiful stairway made of marble. Now, it is a single-story structure completed in 1904. 

The other near-by attractions are Hazarduari Palace,  Chawk Masjid, Nizamat Imambara